Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
I recently started to try to cut out eggs from my diet for personal reasons and because eggs are in almost everything I try to at least avoid them as a whole or as an ingredient when I cook at home.
That was super tough for me though as eggs for breakfast were my favorite dish so I had to find something I liked that didn't contain eggs.
I love Pancakes and Medical Medium ( I really love following his recipes ) has the perfect healthy pancake for a guilt free breakfast.
Each ingredient not only tastes wonderful but also offers incredible healing properties.
( I Attached the link to the photo if you would like to know more about the benefits of the ingredients)
I added some peaches for extra flavor
Heres what you need
2 ripe bananas
4 tablespoonsraw honey
1 teaspoonbaking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup water
2 cupsalmond flour
¼ cuppotato starch
1 cup wild blueberries
1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
½ cupmaple syrup
1. For the batter, blend the bananas, honey, baking powder, and sea salt together with the water until smooth. Add the almond flour and potato starch and continue to blend until a thick, even batter forms.
2. To cook on the skillet: Heat ½ teaspoon of coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour the batter into the skillet by heaping tablespoons of it to create small pancakes. If needed, use the back of the spoon to smooth the batter evenly into a circle. Cook the pancakes for 2½ to 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side until cooked through. Because of the banana, the inside of the pancake will remain moist even when they are done.
3. To bake in the oven: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and lightly grease the parchment paper with coconut oil. Spoon the batter onto the baking trays in 3-inch circles. If needed, use the back of a spoon to smooth the batter evenly. Bake the pancakes in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges turn golden, then flip and bake for 2 minutes more.
4. For the wild blueberry maple syrup, combine ½ cup of maple syrup and 1 cup of wild blueberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat the syrup for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until it is hot and well combined.
5. Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve topped with wild blueberry maple syrup.